POKHARA AND BEYOND
- Pokhara is… “A lakeside city in the foothills of the Himalayas. Great for trekking, sightseeing and adventure.”
- Watch festivals, eat local dal bhat, and experience the Indian and East Asian influences
- Climb up to Sarangkot village and watch the morning sun illuminate the snow-capped peaks
- Kayak across Phewa Lake, and walk up to the peace pagoda
- Go whitewater rafting, trek through the Annapurna foothills, and paraglide above Pokhara
- Village Healthcare Week: Learn about rural healthcare and community life when you live with the Gurung people in a mountain village.
ACCOMMODATION AND TEAM
Private and secure, our Pokhara house has spacious rooms and a relaxed and sociable atmosphere. The rooms are bright and airy, and our rooftop terrace has spectacular views of the mountains.
Our Pokhara Program Manager oversees everything at the house. With the help of an assistant, they’re available for 24/7 support. Meals are cooked twice a day by our chef, and a cleaning service is provided by our housekeeper. Our local language teacher gives group lessons twice a week, and we host a weekly house BBQ night, which is always good fun.
VILLAGE HEALTHCARE WEEK
In addition to your main placement in Pokhara, for one week you’ll have the chance to be welcomed into a family home in the Himalayan Mountains, an experience you’ll remember throughout your life.
Staying with the community for a full week, you’ll assist at a health outpost each morning, treating local villagers with very limited resources — making this a real contrast to your clinical placement in Pokhara. In the afternoons, our guide will show you how to wear traditional clothing, bake local bread and prepare authentic Nepalese meals. You’ll also be invited to trek to Hindu temples and to visit the local schools.
Placements in Nepal - Pokhara
"My experience in Nepal has been fantastic, it has been the best thing I have ever done and I would go back in a heartbeat!"
Jade Skerritt, Anglia Ruskin University 2017Read more
"Every day I had a new, amazing, memorable experience."
Lily Hosie, Glasgow Caledonian University 2017Read more
"Culturally, the Village Healthcare Week was a really great experience."
TOM NOTEMAN, QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST 2017Read more
"X-rays were constantly taken with multiple patients and family in the room".
Alison Clarke, Birmingham City University 2015Read more
"I would definitely recommend this program, all the Nepalese people are wonderful".
Madison Heil, University of San Francisco 2015Read more