WHO WE ARE
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is Work the World Limited. This policy explains the collection, use and disclosure of personal data through this Website.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc;
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose;
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on our services); and
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our site and for internal review and is then discarded.
To protect your privacy, Work the World does not collect any financial information directly from you. We work with PayPal, a leading online transaction facilitator, to deal with online debit and credit card payments. Any financial information you provide to PayPal is not shared with us and never stored on our servers. Please refer to PayPal's site for information on how your financial information is handled and protected.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
18 Marine Parade
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your application and to provide after sales service.
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.