Before you travel:
- One-to-one placement coordinator
- Tailored hospital placement
- Your choice of departments
- Support with uni paperwork
- Support with flights
- MyTrip online elective planner
- Visa advice
- Hospital information
- Language guides
- Insurance advice
- Packing lists
- Tips on local culture
- Currency and pricing guide
- Fundraising guides
Whilst in country:
- Airport pickup and return
- Live in a private, fully catered house
- 24/7 in-country team
- Detailed welcome briefing
- Full city orientation + restaurant lunch on day one
- Language lessons (twice weekly)
Weekly BBQ night
24/7 international emergency team
Whilst on placement:
- Tour of partner hospital
- Introduction to department teams
- In-hospital supervision
- Regular debriefing
- Guaranteed completion of hours
- Certificate of completion
What's not included:
- Travel insurance
- Visas (if applicable)
- Indemnity insurance
- Spending money
To read more information on what’s not included on a Work the World placement and to learn how we can assist you with ensuring you get the best rates and advice - click here
|Destinations||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||5 Weeks||6 Weeks||Extra Week|
The Philippines Iloilo
Sri Lanka Kandy
Cambodia Phnom Penh
Tanzania Dar es Salaam
SECURE YOUR PLACEMENT TODAY FOR $500.
Prices in the grid are in addition to the registration fee.
What happens once you register?
- You get confirmation of your elective within 24 hours
- You get a login to you personal online elective planner
- You get a call from us welcoming you to the programme
- We start planning and building your elective
Book with confidence
Plans can change. And today, that's more apparent than ever. So now when you register for your overseas placement with Work the World, you can make unlimited changes to your travel dates, or your choice of destination.
HOW TO PAY
PAY IN AFFORDABLE INSTALMENTS TO SPREAD THE COST OF YOUR TRIP.
You don’t need to worry about paying your balance until 90 days before your trip.
COMPLETE YOUR TRIP WITH AN ADD-ON EXPERIENCE
Village Healthcare Week - $900 AUD
Live in a rural village in your destination of choice by adding this extra week to the end of your trip. In the mornings, you’ll spend time in local health outposts, learning the unique challenges local healthcare staff face when delivering care in a rural setting.
Afternoons are all about activities like island hopping, swimming in waterfalls, and hiking to mountain temples with your official Work the World guide.
Intensive Spanish Course - $1000 AUD
Thinking of travelling to Mexico?
This 30-hour course (undertaken before you start your placement) gives you everything you need to start using conversational Spanish.
Refresh yourself with the basics, then learn discipline-specific clinical terminology and phrases that will give you confidence in the hospital.