We offer FULL support to you and your faculty, including:
- A streamlined documentation process
- Aligning our placements with your particular faculty's expectations and safety protocols, as well as accrediting body guidelines
- Full risk assessments conducted to a rigorous standard per-destination
- A letter confirming each student’s placement
- Signed confirmation of hours each student has spent in the hospital
- Useful information around insurance
- Full control over which programs and destinations your students can travel to
- Once the student has secured a space on one of our programs, we can also provide information like hospital names and addresses, supervisors name/position within the hospital etc.
If you require your students to obtain officially documented and signed information from us about any other facet of their placement, please contact us to discuss your options.
how We can help you
Work the World can support your faculty in a variety of ways, including:
- Delivering presentations to your students to highlight the benefits of travelling abroad for a clinical placement
- Working with you to align our program options with your students' placement objectives
- Designing bespoke placement experiences for groups of students
Where appropriate, we recommend working on a placement agreement to formalise the relationship between Work the World and your faculty/university.
These agreements map out responsibilities for all parties involved so that everyone — the student, Work the World, and your university — has a clear understanding of their individual obligations.
We have robust health and safety protocols and procedures in place across every area of our organisation.
If you have specific requirements around students’ supervision, or the structure of their placements, we can typically accommodate them. Local staff can oversee basic paperwork too, such as signing off how many hours your students spent on the wards.
To demonstrate our commitment to you and your students, we can also create a Memorandum of Understanding between Work the World and your university. Everything will be documented and signed for extra assurance.
OUR Global University Partnerships INCLUDE:
Earning credit towards qualifications
Students who undertake our placements travel from all over the world, and each university has different criteria for recognising credits gained. It may be part of your university and course structure to award credits for overseas placements. If so, we can provide you, your students and our partner hospitals with the information needed to ensure we are all aligned. And of course, we can tailor all placements to suit your courses’ requirements. Get in touch with us, so we can discuss this further.
The relationships we have with universities are mutually arranged, which allows us to customise agreements to your specific requirements. Depending on the course, you may allow your students to use our overseas placements as means by which to earn credits towards their degrees.
To discuss your options, please call us on +61 3 7000 6007 or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Hundreds of students who travel with us each year are eligible for OS-Help (an acronym for Overseas Higher Education Loan Program). You and your students can find further information on the Study Assist website.
Colombo Mobility Program
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program provides opportunities for Australian undergraduate students to undertake semester-based study and internships or mentorships in 40 participating Indo-Pacific locations. You can read more about the program here.
Costs and Payments
Students can secure a place with us for $500. They can then pay the remaining balance in one final payment, or in a number of flexible payments.
When paying the balance over time, students can choose the amount and the frequency of the payments. We only ask that the balance is paid at least 90 days before their departure date.
- A customised overseas placement
- Guidance from our team of placement consultants
- Comprehensive pre-departure preparation process
- Support with all university documentation
- Access to MyTrip (personalised online placement planner)
- Unique experience in specially selected partner hospitals
- Guaranteed, structured clinical supervision (English-speaking)
- Airport pick-up, city orientation & hospital introductions
- Private, catered accommodation
- 24/7 support from experienced in-country teams
- Free local language lessons twice per-week
Visit a destination
We operate a policy of transparency, and actively encourage you to visit our programs to see them for yourself.
On a faculty visit we will arrange a tour of the Work the World house and our partner hospitals and arrange meetings with the hospitals’ senior supervisors.
An overseas visit is the best way for you to gain a deep understanding of what the experience is like for your students in-country. If you’d like to arrange a faculty visit to one of our programs, please get in touch.