KATHMANDU AND BEYOND
- Kathmandu is… “Home to stunning temples, master craftsmen and a diverse mix of different people.”
- Disappear down backstreets to discover local artisans, hidden pagodas, and ancient Hindu temples
- Explore Thamel as you enjoy the bars and clubs of the city’s backpacker hub
- Paraglide over snowy peaks, go trekking in the Himalayas, and discover the world’s highest bungee jump
- Local's are so friendly and full of energy - all will be keen to make you feel welcome
- Village Healthcare Week: Extend your placement with an unforgettable week in a Himalayan village, living amongst the welcoming Gurung people
ACCOMMODATION AND TEAM
You’ll be living at our Kathmandu house, in the city’s affluent area. With bedrooms and living spaces divided over three floors, there’s plenty of space to relax, socialise with your housemates. The main social hub is our living space and kitchen, while the roof terrace has astounding views over the city and beyond. Spacious and beautifully furnished, our Kathmandu house is a truly welcoming place to return to after each day on placement.
The house is overseen by our Program Manager and their assistant, while cleaning and meals are taken care of by our housekeeper and chef. The management team provide 24/7 support throughout your placement. Our BBQ night is a weekly highlight and, twice a week, we provide language lessons with a local teacher.
VILLAGE HEALTHCARE WEEK
An adventurous extra dimension to your healthcare placement in Nepal — our village experience gives you the opportunity to live in the Himalayan foothills and learn about rural culture and healthcare.
Living with the Gurung people, you’ll spend your mornings at the village health post, helping to manage local healthcare issues. A complete contrast to Kathmandu, you’ll be coping with the challenge of limited resources in a remote mountain region. Afternoons allow you to learn more about the Gurung way of life. You can meet the village shaman and visit the local temples, learn how to milk buffalo, catch fish and cook traditional meals. This guarantees to be a week you’ll never forget.
Placements in Nepal - Kathmandu
"I developed my existing skills, and gained insight into equipment and pathologies I had never even seen before."
Elly Cave, University of Birmingham 2018Read more
If you’re unsure, don’t be. Just do it — you won’t regret it.
Cassie Andrews, Australian Catholic University 2018Read more
"I saw conditions I’d never seen before, and probably won’t see again."
Leslie Logghe, 2018Read more
Watching the ceremony was humbling — there was fire, dancing, and music as bells rang out for those who’d passed.
Rebecca Ross, University of Southampton 2018Read more
"One case that stuck with me was that of a ten-year-old boy with renal failure..."
Prabha Venkat, University of Leicester 2018Read more