KATHMANDU AND BEYOND
- Kathmandu is… “Home to stunning temples, master craftsmen and a diverse mix of different people.”
- Disappear down backstreets to discover local artisans, hidden pagodas, and ancient Hindu temples
- Explore Thamel as you enjoy the bars and clubs of the city’s backpacker hub
- Paraglide over snowy peaks, go trekking in the Himalayas, and discover the world’s highest bungee jump
- Local's are so friendly and full of energy - all will be keen to make you feel welcome
- Village Healthcare Week: Extend your placement with an unforgettable week in a Himalayan village, living amongst the welcoming Gurung people
ACCOMMODATION AND TEAM
You’ll be living at our Kathmandu house, in the city’s affluent area. With bedrooms and living spaces divided over three floors, there’s plenty of space to relax, socialise with your housemates. The main social hub is our living space and kitchen, while the roof terrace has astounding views over the city and beyond. Spacious and beautifully furnished, our Kathmandu house is a truly welcoming place to return to after each day on placement.
The house is overseen by our Program Manager and their assistant, while cleaning and meals are taken care of by our housekeeper and chef. The management team provide 24/7 support throughout your placement. Our BBQ night is a weekly highlight and, twice a week, we provide language lessons with a local teacher.
VILLAGE HEALTHCARE WEEK
An adventurous extra dimension to your healthcare placement in Nepal — our village experience gives you the opportunity to live in the Himalayan foothills and learn about rural culture and healthcare.
Living with the Gurung people, you’ll spend your mornings at the village health post, helping to manage local healthcare issues. A complete contrast to Kathmandu, you’ll be coping with the challenge of limited resources in a remote mountain region. Afternoons allow you to learn more about the Gurung way of life. You can meet the village shaman and visit the local temples, learn how to milk buffalo, catch fish and cook traditional meals. This guarantees to be a week you’ll never forget.
Placements in Nepal - Kathmandu
"My trip to Kathmandu was an amazing experience. I developed as a person and as a future doctor."
Annefleur Mauritz, 2017Read more
"My guidance would be: don’t be afraid to get stuck in and do stuff!"
Josie Walshaw, Hull York Medical School 2017Read more
"The experience in the village was a million times better than I can describe..."
Jonathan Doyle - Village Healthcare Experience, University of Strathclyde 2017Read more
"These experiences will be beneficial for your personal and working life forever!"
Thymen Houwen, 2017Read more
"Life at the Work the World house was incredible"
Navin Leanage, University Of Leicester 2017Read more