MERIDA AND BEYOND
New - Opening in 2018!
- Merida is… “the centre of Mexican culture, boasting striking colonial architecture and a vibrant Latin-American atmosphere.”
- Visit Cancun and Progreso for beaches, clear seas and lively nightlife
- See astonishing 1400-year-old Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza
- Dive into and explore the water-filled caves or ‘cenotes’ Mexico is famed for
- The people of Merida are welcoming and proud of the beautiful cultural centre they call home
- Intensive Spanish Week: Hone your conversational Spanish skills, focusing on clinical terminology, helping you get the most from your experience
TEAM AND ACCOMMODATION
Our house in Mexico is located in a fashionable suburb in the city of Merida. The building is typical of French colonial architecture with a spacious and welcoming feel inside. The lounge, dining room, and bedrooms offer distinct areas in which you can relax after placement and get to know your new housemates.
In charge of the house are your Program Manager and assistant. Both are available 24 hours a day to provide support should you need it. Chef will cook two meals for you each-day (weekly BBQ nights included), and you’ll have access to the kitchen 24/7 if you fancy a snack. You also have a housekeeper and a local language teacher providing two lessons each week.
INTENSIVE SPANISH COURSE
Our specially-designed Intensive Spanish Course, lasting one week, will help you get the most from a clinical placement in Mexico. If your Spanish isn’t quite where you’d like it to be, our course, crafted with healthcare students in mind, will get you up to speed.The lessons involve both one-to-one, and small group sessions in which you’ll learn terminology and phrases specific to the departments you'll be working in.